Multilingual Touchscreen Interface— At the touch of a button, the ScanEZ Station’s interface language can be changed to one of over 25 different languages, making scanning accessible to users in their native language.
Accessibility — The accessibility feature makes it easier for visually-impaired and blind users to use the station by choosing the following features: magnifier, narrator and a high-contrast scheme.
Enhanced Authentication—LDAP, SMTP, Gmail (Send as a Gmail account holder) & more.
Standard 17” Touchscreen Computer—Point-of-sale grade computer with a rugged touchscreen that withstands constant touches without degradation in sensitivity or accuracy. All computers come standard with solid-state hard drives.
Manage & Support all ScanEZ Stations from your web interface.
Flexible Charging—Multi-tiered discounts per output.
Full First Year Warranty Coverage — Hardware and software coverage begins on the day of installation, which includes any updates and upgrades that become available. TBS replaces defective units via our “advanced exchange program” to minimize downtime, providing assurance that is second to none.
Multilingual Translation Service to Text & Audio—Translate scanned text from one language to over 60 supported languages. Converted files are sent to the user as a PDF or Word file, along with a subset of languages for MP3 audio files. Our catalogue of languages is constantly growing.
OCR Powered by ABBYY® Fine Reader for unmatched Optical Character Recognition accuracy for searchable PDFs and Word documents, with 192 languages standard for OCR Multilingual capabilities.
One Pass Duplex Scanning—Scan both sides of the page in a single pass at 60 pages per minute. Will accommodate maximum paper size of 8.5” x 14” and minimum size as small as ID Cards.
Patented Book-Edge LED Scanner—Designed to protect your book’s spine, with a flatbed area of 11” x 17” for larger books or items.
Payment Gateways—TBS9900, Jamex, ITC, CBORD®, Blackboard™ & more.
PCI Compliant Credit & Debit Card Payment option—Utilize your own merchant for processing.
OCLC Article Exchange
ILLIAD & Odyssey
Scan, Create and Send:
Translation Service – Translate a scan to one of over 60 supported languages. The converted scan is sent as a PDF or Word File and a subset of languages for MP3 audio file conversion to any of the destinations above.
Scan to Fax – Faxes are transmitted via the internet; no phone lines are required.
Copy Function – Provides users with an easy way to utilize the ScanEZ Station as a copier replacement.
Saved Scan Items To
Scan items in just about any file format:
Multilingual User Interface and Accessibility
Multilingual User Interface — The ScanEZ Station multilingual interface allows users to switch on-screen text to one of 25 different languages.
Multilingual Translation Service to Text & Audio — Converts documents scanned in one of language to another language of the user’s choice with over 60 languages to choose from. The converted scans can be sent as PDF or Word files and a translation subset for MP3 audio file conversion that can be sent to any of the ScanEZ “scan to” locations.
Accessibility — The accessibility feature makes it easier for visually-impaired and the blind users to use the station by utilizing the following features:
- Magnifier—Enlarges part of the screen so the user can see words and images better.
- Narrator— A screen narrator reads aloud the text that appears on screen along with any audio descriptions.
- High Contrast—Utilizes a high contrast scheme for easier visibility.
Resolution – Change the resolution of a scan from a standard resolution to a high quality resolution, or from high quality resolution to standard resolution.
Color Mode –Scan items in Black & White, Grayscale and Photo Color.
Page Arrange –Easily reorder pages by dragging and dropping the pages into the desired order
Fit to Page – Resize the scanned item to fit on a standard letter size page.
Actual Size – Maintain the aspects of the originally scanned item.
Horizontal or Vertical Split – Pages can be split either horizontally or vertically by positioning the division bar at the dividing point. Keep the split items, or keep the split items and the original scan.
The ScanEZ automatically crops, straightens and orients every scan as it is processed.
Flatbed Scanner – A document can be placed anywhere on the 11” x 17” flatbed, at any angle and the ScanEZ Station will straighten and fix that document. Patented book-edge design eliminates blurry or dark imaging in a book’s gutter area.
Sheetfed Scanner – Scan both sides of a document in a single pass, including IDs.
All TBS scanners feature LED lamps making them safe for archive documents and photographs, with minimal warm up time, and rated for up to a million scans. Click here to view additional scanner models.
ScanEZ Web Portal
The ScanEZ Station includes a web portal for centralized reporting at no additional charge.
- Reports include usage statistics for single units, selected units or an entire ScanEZ fleet.
- The portal tracks usage based on scan options, including document delivery method, selected format and color settings.
- Reports can be auto-generated and emailed on a recurring basis to any number of recipients on a monthly, quarterly, annual, multi-year, etc., basis.
- Provides real-time fax status details.
- Reports can be generated for accounting to reconcile billed services.
- Reporting can be used to assist with workflow and equipment deployment strategies.
- Analytics reporting included.
ScanEZ Management Dashboard
SimpleScan Remote Access gives you instant access to every ScanEZ Station within your fleet, all from your desk or mobile device. No need to walk across campus or through a building when you can access the stations remotely.
- Auto Updates for print management and reservation software.
- Auto Alerts notifies system administrator via email of any detected failures, even if power is lost.
- Schedule ScanEZ updates and upgrades or make feature changes remotely.
- System allows for the management of Windows updates and upgrades.
- Track inventory, hardware and software.
- Test, trouble shoot and investigate reported issues from your desk as if you are standing in front of the station.
- Provide staff and users with training remotely.
Support & Service
The TBS maintenance program is designed to keep the ScanEZ Station up and running with minimal downtime. It includes unlimited telephone support, and support for new staff training. All parts and labor are covered including normal maintenance, and consumables.
Hardware Maintenance — Includes all hardware replacement either same day or next day as part of our standard support plan. For customers with our TBS ScanEZ maintenance package, TBS will pay for the shipping of replacement units along and the return shipment of the damaged or faulty units.
Software Maintenance— The TBS comprehensive maintenance program covers all software updates, upgrades, and feature enhancements as long as you own the product.
Screen Customization—Includes institution logos, screen resolution settings, screen text, and a customized copyright statement.
Welcome Message — Can be customized to have a unique greeting for your institution.
Charges for Services — Varying price levels are available for any service on the station, including different pricing for black and white, grayscale and color options.
Fax pricing structure — Pricing options include, charging a fee for cover pages, discounted first page, and a flat fee for all additional pages. Fees can be collected via coin, bill, credit card, PaperCut account and many other optional charging methods.
Staff Control — Allows staff to bypass charging system. Library staff always have full control of the ScanEZ Station for making changes, running reports or replacing hardware.
- As part of their green initiative, many libraries and universities use the ScanEZ Station to cut paper consumption and toner waste.
- The ScanEZ Station protects privacy and confidentiality through the use of passwords.
- Scanned documents are safe and secure, as all scanned files and email addresses are deleted after each use.
- The simple to use ScanEZ Station’s high-speed scanning capabilities expedite research and collaboration efforts for all users.
- The ScanEZ Station makes citing references easier than ever.
- The ScanEZ Station integrates with MyPC & PaperCut for time and print management on the station. The ScanEZ Station can also integrate with most pay for print systems on the market, so you don’t have to be tied to a particular vendor.
- The ScanEZ Station is available for purchase or lease and has revenue sharing options (all options are directly through TBS).
The user-friendly components make the ScanEZ Station powerful and yet so simple to use, surpassing the capabilities of most multi-function devices. It is the station’s functionality that eliminates user frustration, and the need to rescan pages or manually editing files after scanning; making the TBS ScanEZ the replacement unit of multi-function devices.